General Laborer/Forklift Operator
Palmer, MA 01069 US
Our client is seeking General Laborers & Forklift Operators to assist with their daily operations at their facility in Palmer,MA!
Schedule: 1st/2nd shifts available
This position is responsible for operating forklift and maintaining production and distribution of product by receiving and/or pulling product from inventory; staging/loading finished goods for shipment.
General Labor / Forklift Operator Job Duties:
- Transports incoming and outgoing materials to designated areas utilizing appropriate tools/vehicles including forklift.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulls material; packs boxes; place orders in designated delivery area.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or bins according to organizational standards.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, recording quantity of product.
- Checks in merchandise and performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing products.
- Prepares parcels (samples) for mailing.
General Laborer/Forklift Operator Skills and Requirements:
- Six months to one-year related experience
- Certificates, licenses and registrations preferred
- Computer skills required: Time & Labor Management System; and Electronic Mail Software (Outlook)
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication)
- Basic computer skills (Preferred)
- Frequently required to stand and/or walk
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally exposed to the following outside weather conditions: extreme heat and/or cold, wet and/or humid
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Please contact Noemi or Rosanna at 413-726-0480 for immediate consideration